The Montfort College, Bangalore – affiliated to Bengaluru North University – is an institution that offers Post Graduate Programmes in Psychology at the Masters levels.
Vedadrama India Pvt. Ltd., Chennai is an Indian Psychodrama Training institute with training centers and groups at Bangalore, Coimbatore, Mangalore and Delhi. Psychodrama was invented by Dr. J L Moreno in the 1921. Since 2008 Prof. Dr. Becker-Ebel, the founder, CEO and director of Vedadrama India Pvt. Ltd. teaches Psychodrama in Germany as a certified teacher. Since 2012 he integrated Indian cultural aspects in his teaching under the Name “Vedadrama”. 2018.
2. Course and Objectives
Online/Virtual DCP has 120 training hours, 24 modules plus practical of 120 hours over six months to one year. The course is aimed at psychotherapists and ounsellors. It introduces in one-to-one psychotherapy and online psychotherapy. After graduating in DCP, the students can go for level 2 (additional 240 ours for Groups psychotherapy) or even level Kevel 3 (Psychodrama Director – certified practitioner in psychodrama, which will include additional 240 hours of training, and self supervised practice).
DCP has been proven to promote creativity and social skills and empathy. 14 members of the first batch 2020-21 have enthusiastically participated and all uccessfully passed their short exam. DCP is action based and enhances human interaction. This is how Psychodrama consolidates and extends counselor’s role.
3. Eligibility for admission to the Course
- A Bachelor’s Degree, in any discipline from a recognized University/College. Preference will be given to those with work experience in clinical, social, developmental and coaching settings.
- The student must work (or intend to work) in the field of psychotherapy and counseling.
- The student has to have a sound mind set up (presently not under psychiatric medication), can have had psychotherapy himself/herself, but not during the time of the course.
- The student must be willing to entre self-exploration and feel comfortable with self-exploration within the learning group.
- Reservation of seats and other concessions for the S.C., S.T., M.B.C., B.C., and other special categories of candidates may be provided in accordance with the statutory provisions of the Govt. in force from time to time.
4. Medium of Instruction: English
5. Number of Seats
Twenty-one (21) out of which the reserved as follows: SC-1, ST-1 and Persons with Disability (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act (1995) – 1.
6. Duration of the Course
The course has twenty four academic online modules from October 2021 to December 2022
- Modul 1 to 6: (40 teaching hours): Introduction and Sociometry
- Modul 7 to 12: (40 teaching hours): Role reverse and Doubling
- Modul 13 to 18: (40 teaching hours): Stage, Protagonist Play, 1 to 1 setting,
- Modul 19 to 24: (40 teaching hours): Surplus reality, application, exam
If any of the modules is missed, this module can be taken at other places of offers of such courses with Vedadrama India Pvt. Ltd. as to reach the minimal attendance.
October 25st 2021 at 4:00 PM IST
at 7:00 PM IST
In the end of the whole course each participant gets an oral feedback of co-participants and trainer. There will be a short oral online exam (10 minutes). Prior to that, a short case study (max 5 pages) has to be handed in. The participation in the course and exam gives the right to continue for further studies for CP, which will be completed with oral and written exam after 3 to 4 years.
A candidate has to secures not less than 80% of attendance to attain a diploma. (see above No. 6)
9. Course of Study
In addition to these 24 online modules of 4 times hours (5 teaching hours plus 15 minutes break) there is a practical part of the study:
- 10 meetings of 5 teaching hours (4-time hours) of intervention and peer learning
- 50 teaching hours of individual learning (reading, preparation of a sociogram, genogram and others)
- 20 teaching hours of compiling a short case study.
Course Reading are provided
11. Conduct of Examination
There will be no formal written exam. The exam consists in the handing over of an apt case study and the short oral exam (10 minutes).
The consolidated fee for the Diploma Course in Psychodrama per student is Rs. 45,000 & 18% GST = Rs. 53,100. This to be paid as Bank transfer or Demand Draft drawn in Favor of “Sampurna Montfort College” only.
Bank Details for remitting the Fees: SAMPURNA MONTFORT COLLEGE, A/C Number:0399053000000292, South Indian Bank, IFSC: SIBL0000399, Indiranagar, Bangalore – 560038 (After making payment, send the receipt or screenshot to email@example.com)
There will be a limited number of scholarships for the students and Alumni of Montfort College.
- For present Students of Montfort college: 24.000 INR & GST
- For Alumni of Montfort College: 35.000 INR & GST
The fees includes all seminars, one copy of the book “fundamentals of Psychodrama” (published value 8.000 INR) and certification.
13. Certificate /Affiliations
- The student gets a DCP Diploma issued by Montfort College jointly with the German PIB and the Indian Vedadrama India Pvt. Ltd.
- Vedadrama India is an educational / affiliated / institutional member of IAC, IAGP, ASGPP and ISPS.
- The German Partner PIB as accrediting partner of Vedadrama India Pvt. Ltd. is accredited with the local German Medical Council.