- Every student/staff have to register themselves to become a library member prior to using the library resources.
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library.
- Silence to be maintained at all times in the library.
- No discussion permitted inside the library.
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library. Library staff is not responsible for user’s personal belongings.
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library.
- Using Mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker is strictly prohibited in the library.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same promptly.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
Working Hours of the Library: The library is normally open on all weekdays from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm. except Sundays, Second Saturday and other Government holidays.
Note: After 5 pm books will not be issued, returned or renewed
Circulation Issue System: Books will be issued on presentation of the library ID card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
Borrowing procedure: Borrowing rules for books are given below:
- All students can borrow 2 books at a time for a period of 15 days.
- Full time faculty can borrow 5 books at a time for a period of 15 days.
- Part time faculty can borrow 3 books at a time for a period of 15 days.
- Non-teaching staff can borrow 2 books at a time for a period of 15 days
All students and faculty are allowed to renew books for additional period.
Books / Materials borrowed should be returned on or before the due date stamped; if returned late, the library will charge on overdue charge of Rs.2.00 per book per day.
Book(s) Lost: If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double the cost of the books after getting permission from the librarian. If the replacement is not done within 20 days, the defaulter will be charged 3 times the cost of the book(s).
If the lost book is already overdue on the date it was reported lost, the calculation for overdue fines will stop on the report date. [Fines from the due date to the date of reported lost].
Loss of cards: Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian Duplicate card may be issued against formal application and fine.
Validity of cards: Library borrower cards are valid for the entire duration of the course the student has been enrolled.
No due Certificate: Each student shall obtain ‘No dues’ certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, and after paying outstanding dues, if any, before collecting hall ticket from office.
Care of Library Books: Students are required to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil, writing or highlighting, tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
Photocopy facilities: Photocopy facility is available by taking permission from the library staff.
Book Bank: SC/ST students of college can become a member of the book bank members of the book bank will be issued 2 textbooks for each semester. book shall be returned within two days after the theory examination, otherwise a fine of Rs.10/- per day will be charged.
Reference Section: This section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, Textbooks Reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
Journal Section: In these section journals, general magazines and news letter are available. They are arranged alphabetically. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack alphabetically and are meant only for reference within the library.
Exclusion from the use of the library: Any user who disregards the library rules and regulations will not be permitted to use the library anymore. The library staff has right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users.
Admission: The following people are allowed to use the library:
- All students who are in the nominal roll of the college.
- Faculty and other staff in the college.
Note: These rules and regulations are subject to change based on time-to-time reviews by the library committee